The mission of the AOK Afterschool Program, a 21st Century Community Learning Center, is to strengthen families and provide students a place to achieve their academic goals while building their character in a peaceful environment. We serve Grissom Elementary School and Southside Middle School.
AOK Afterschool Lights On Event 2015
- Increase scores on achievement tests.
- Increase math and language grades from fall to spring.
- Improve homework completion and class preparation.
- Improve student behavior.
- Offer enrichment and support activities in other areas.
The AOK Afterschool Program, a 21st Century Community Learning Center, seeks students on the line of barely passing or barely failing the ISTEP test and who are eager to improve their academic performance. The AOK program offers small group homework assistance and enrichment activities, not individual tutoring. Therefore, the program is not able to assist students with major academic deficits.
- Enrichment lesson in math, language, and character education.
- Homework assistance.
- Other educational games and opportunities.
The success of the AOK Afterschool 21st CCLC Program, and of the student members, relies greatly on ongoing communication between AOK coordinators, the students’ teachers, and parents.
We can help you by….
- Supporting the school day curriculum through enrichment activities and homework assistance.
- Communicating student concerns and progress to classroom teachers.
- Promoting positive student behaviors.
You can help us by….
- Supporting our attendance policies.
- Communicating individual student needs to the AOK coordinator.
- Frequently communicating with the AOK coordinator about any issues affecting your student.
The AOK Afterschool Program is provided by A Better Way Services, Inc. through a grant from The Indiana Dept. of Education – 21st Century Community Learning Centers.